Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lighting A Spark

"Giving Yourself as a Possibility to others... 1. imagine that people are an invitation 2. stand ready to be moved and inspired 3. offer that which lights you up 4. Have no doubt that others want what you have."

I don't know what took me so long to read this book, but the timing is simply perfect. 12 years of teaching sometimes seems in vain when I walk through the school doors and new loads are dumped on me with no regard to my capacity to handle nor how anything connected with my personal passions. With spirits uplifted while doing these latest blogs, I'm very inspired by this practice of Lighting A Spark. As I listened to the section on Eastlea: A "Failing" School and Anthony, I realized how much of a spark that I have been and because others have noticed, they entrust me with more responsibility to enable me the opportunity to be more of an impact. I saw the beginning of this year as a burden, a yoke too heavy to carry. Yet, God put me on this Earth to be a spark to the once failing student and school; to that wired kid whom everyone else had given up on; to my own family as I open myself up to be used as a servant. This practice; was a good reminder going into week 2 of this school year. I already know who needs a fire lit under them and my fervor for what I do will once again consume me and this will be a phenomenal year and the kids will benefit from it all.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, we do it because it makes a difference, we do it for the students.

    ReplyDelete